Tuesday, February 13, 2007

TC's Albums That We Regret

Testicles Chowdhury's staff had a roundtable meeting today. Well, actually, it wasn't truly a unified discussion as the Mysterious Swede took the staff out to dinner. So we bullied the other dudes in the office to pull some content together for our juggernaut of a blog. Yes, the other dudes are generally the less beloved and uglier staff members, but that should go without saying.


Radiohead - Kid A
"I was in a real pretentious phase back then and I was becoming really emo and listened to Dashboard Confessional a whole lot of times. Even though I didn't get around to downloading Pinkerton, I decided to try out newer music. Like my cool friends from NYU who listened to Jay-Z! So I bought this album from the African bootlegger dude on the 23rd Street N line. NO, I DO NOT GO TO BARUCH. PLEASE. MY PARENTS WOULD NEVER PAY FOR A CUNY EDUCATION. NEVER!!!!" - Our wonderful intern who never really got around as to WHY he hated this album. He did get on a rant as to why he didn't get accepted to F.I.T., however.




Juelz Santana - From Me to U
"Okay, okay. I admit it. I bought this album during the Diplomats' first comeuppance around Summer 2003. Okay, I downloaded it. But times were tough back then. I needed an anthem, a different beat to march to. So I downloaded this while scouring this one particular IRC channel that I will not reveal. Anyhow, I really did find this to be a 4 star debut. Now, I look back in shame and still wondering where those lost years went." - Our IT guy who is responsible for the splendor that is this beloved website. Although he hasn't really reppin' Dipset to the fullest lately, he'd begun to rave about Redman's Gilla House collective. Several other people quickly noted that no one really gives a shit about Saukrates, so he quickly decided to start listening to Young Jeezy. This led to even further derision. Every office should have their own African-American-placating white guy.


Canibus - 2000 B.C.
"Yes, I admit it. I bought that piece of hot garbage when I thought that rhyming the word 'miracle' with 'spherical' was some kind of amazing poetic genius. What was I thinking? I can't tell you. My immediate family is STILL clownin' on me for purchasing it - and it's been like EIGHT YEARS. If I hang myself in the near future, please make sure to play any song other than the 4 Horsemen track at my fucking funeral. If I have to hear that one song with Free from 106 and Park one more time, I swear I'll slit my wrists like I did that one time in junior high." - Anonymous Employee who kinda creeps us out. Yeah, that guy.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker